The Call for Proposals for #EUSEA19 is open!
Please send us your proposals for the European Science Engagement Conference 2019 until 7 January 2019.
We are looking for workshops, team-sessions or Horizon als sessions and workshops that include
- significant trends, challenges and needs in public engagement and science communication;
- strategically-relevant themes for science communication on a European or international level;
- innovative developments that can, or should, impact on the future of our work;
- outstanding communication formats, especially those with the potential to be game-changers;
- factors that could alter our attitudes to science communication, or the attitudes of our audiences and target groups.
We kindly ask for your understanding that, in order to keep our conference fee low for all participants, there is no reduction in the conference fee for speakers or session organisers.
There are three possible formats you can submit:
- 90-minute Interactive Workshop: This could be a Design Thinking Workshop, a World Café or a Fishbowl-discussion.
- Team-Sessions: Bring together inspiring colleagues to discuss or present a topic of your choice. Don’t forget to actively involve the audience!
- 8-minute Horizon talks: In these talks you can introduce new formats, best and worst practice, open questions or inspiring developments. About 5-6 talks will be included in a 60 mins-session leaving time for 1-2 questions after the talk.
Format and Deadline
The European Science Engagement Conference 2019 is built upon the expertise and enthusiasm of the EUSEA community, and on contributions developed by practitioners around the world. Make sure to be a vital and active part of the conference – and send us your proposals until January 7, 2019!
- Outline your idea for a session or workshop in max. 1.000 characters.
- We will favor proposals where speakers are named – ideally are confirmed.
Please send us your proposals to the “European Science Engagement Conference 2019” until 7 January 2019.