EUSEA organised the first EUROPEAN SCIENCE FESTIVAL 2006 – acronym WONDERS (Welcome to Observations, News & Demonstrations of European Research and Science) with a “Carousel of Science”, an exchange between about 21 science communication events in Europe, with CliClim, a European Survey “Click for the Climate” with the possibility to pledge actions to save energy and preserve the environment – starting with a Launch Conference in Vienna, Austria, on March 30 and 31 – ending with the Finals at Heureka in Vantaa, Finland, where the “best of the best” activities of the “Carousel” were chosen.
Project Management Team (PMT)and their responsibilities:
- Mikkel Bohm, DK: Operation of the Carousel and Carousel at the Finals (selection of “the Best of the Best”)
- Paula Havaste, FI: Finals Event in Vantaa, Finland, and for the cooperation with the science centres and museums
- István Palugyai, H: Science Cafés; support on all kinds of media
- Peter Rebernik, A: Coordinator; Launch Event in Vienna; project’s website
- Jan Riise, S: Marketing support, Partners’ Manual and EUSCOS, the European Science Communication Strategy
- Annette Smith, UK: CliClim (“Click for the Climate”) and evaluation of the whole WONDERS project